qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Loading ELF binaries with very high base addresses

From: Prashant Vaibhav
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Loading ELF binaries with very high base addresses
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 06:44:57 +0530

That is what I am doing except that my binaries also don't have any data section and don't link against any libraries. The text section does start at 0x4000000000000000 but they get mapped at 0x1000 or similar location. I can also build binaries with low base addresses. When these basic ones are working I'll move on to figuring out softmmu for more complex (read: real world) binaries. Thanks for all the suggestions btw, really appreciate it.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Richard Henderson <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/12/2011 01:58 PM, Prashant Vaibhav wrote:
> Yes, exactly what happened when loading a non-trivial binary.  :-(
> Oh well.

If you've got an ia64 cross-compiler, you could still make
progress on qemu by building your own binaries and linking
them somewhere convenient in the low 64 TB.

r~