qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SdCard read/write performance is slow

From: Sid Kapoor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SdCard read/write performance is slow
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:52:23 +0530

Hi,

I am using qemu-system-arm for ARM Realview PBX-A9 board. I feel that the performance (read/write) from the SdCard is slower than the case in which I was mounting my rootfs through NFS. The size of my rootfs is around 3 GB. I am making my SdCard image using qemu-img command and formatting it with ext3 filesystem. Is this a common phenomenon with everyone? Or am I doing something wrong in the case of SdCard ?

Thanks in advance.
--
Siddharth Kapoor