qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] Graphics card pass-through working with two p

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] Graphics card pass-through working with two pass pci-initialization
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 15:47:44 +0200

On 06/01/11 12:20, Rudolf Marek wrote:
Sorry I forgot to include all addresses.

I don't know how much work it would be to generate the DSDT
dynamically from
Qemu, but IMHO that's the sanest way to make things flexible. We could
probably even extract most information from the Qdev tree.

Well I have written for coreboot a ACPI bytecode generator (check
acpigen.c). Maybe moving to SeaBIOS+Coreboot would make sense? It has
the PCI resource allocator and all already done.

Probably makes more sense to move to qemu, then pass the tables to seabios as qemu knows which virtual hardware is requested by the user and thus is present and which isn't.

Having a brief look at the coreboot code it seems static stuff (compiled by iasl) and dynamic bits are combined into the final dsdt table, is that correct?

thanks,
  Gerd