qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Memory API

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Memory API
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:03:48 +0300

On 05/19/2011 07:38 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
You can always create a new memory region with higher priority, pointing
to the RAM window you want to have above VGA. That's what we do today as
well, just with different effects on the internal representation.

But then we're no better than we are today. I thought the whole point of this thread of discussion was to allow overlapping I/O regions to be handled in a better way than we do today?

It is, and the goal is achieved. Right now the code saves the old contents in isa_page_descs. With the new approach it calls memory_region_del_subregion() and the previous contents magically appear (or new contents if they changed in the meanwhile).

signature is too narrow to contain.