qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] IPv6 support for TCP migrations

From: nick
Subject: [Qemu-devel] IPv6 support for TCP migrations
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 09:39:02 +0100

Hi,

Currently migration-tcp.c uses the IPv4-only socket functions, making
migrations over IPv6 impossible. Following is a tentative patch that switches
it to use inet_connect() and inet_listen().

However, the patch loses the non-blocking connect() behaviour seen with the
previous code. I'm not sure how much of an issue this is - if connect() blocks
here, does it block execution of the VM?

If so, I guess we need a non-blocking form of inet_connect(), or some way of
replicating the behaviour - it would potentially be needed for my NBD
reconnection patches too? I can see that a blocking connect() might not be an
issue while the KVM process is starting up, but could cause problems if we
try to reconnect while emulation is ongoing.

Thoughts?

/Nick