qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] BUG: 0.14.0 -device usb-host supports only one device

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] BUG: 0.14.0 -device usb-host supports only one device
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:45:36 +0200

Hi all,

does nobody else struggle with this bug? I would like to help, but don't know where to start!

Best regards,

Erik

Erik Rull wrote:
No idea how to start here?
If someone could assist me where to start and what information to
collect, I could help debugging and finding a solution for that.

Best regards,

Erik

Erik Rull wrote:
When enabling the -device usb-host option support for adding
automatically USB devices from the host to the guest, only one device
gets detected.
It does not matter if it is added via commandline or via device_add on
the qemu console.

Curious: If a second devices is plugged into the host, nothing happens
in qemu. But on the host, the device is detected. If the first device is
removed, the second device gets detected by qemu. If then the first
device is added again, it gets not detected by qemu until the second
device is removed and so on.

When adding the devices manually, everything is fine.
Confirmed with and without the ehci-patch on qemu-kvm 0.14.0. I first
sent the report to the kvm list but it seems to be a pure qemu related
issue.

Best regards,

Erik