qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GSoC - QCOW2 <-> QED image converter

From: Lyu Mitnick
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GSoC - QCOW2 <-> QED image converter
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 19:13:04 +0800

Hello Stefan,

"splitting hard disk images" feature depends on win32 file system. I am wondering
whether it is suitable to implement in raw-win32.c?? My idea is as follows:
(1) adding an array to store file descriptor related in BDRVRawState
(2) detect all splitted files in raw_open(). ie. consider files filename.vhd, filename.v01,
     filename.v02 ... . and construct the table to convert from sector_num to splitted file
     and offset (store in BDRVRawState, too).
(3) use table constructed in step2 to read, write and flush
(4) close all opened splitted files in raw_close()

Would you mind to give some advice about the solution I take in this problem??

2011/4/6 Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden>
On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Lyu Mitnick <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Stefan, Kevin
> I don't want to diversify my GSoC applications. I thought I should do my
> best of
> supporting fully VHD and add asynchronous io into block/vpc.c via
> coroutines. I
> noticed that there is "splitting hard disk images" feature in VHD
> specification. I
> have take a look of block/raw-win32.c and guess there isn't this feature in
> block/vpc.c.
> I am wondering whether what I learned is right??

Yes, split images are not supported by block/vpc.c.

Stefan

Thanks so much

Mitnick