qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [0/27] Implement emulation of pSeries logical parti

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [0/27] Implement emulation of pSeries logical partitions (v4)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 22:53:57 +0000

On 23 March 2011 22:43, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 01:51 +1100, David Gibson wrote:
>> Ah, you probably need to increase the amount of memory given to the
>> guest.  The SLOF image, certainly, won't work with the qemu default
>> memory size.  Try -m 512.
>
> Ah good point, forgot about that. SLOF has a minimum of 256M due to the
> way we do the memory layout. We haven't quite figured out yet how to
> have qemu just default to that for -M pseries.

You could add a min_ram field to QEMUMachine along the lines
of the max_ram patch I submitted earlier this week:
 http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/87807/
and then have vl.c clamp the default RAM size to be at least
the minimum.

(I actually thought about implementing that in the patch but
I didn't have a use case for it at the time...)

-- PMM