qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Does any version of QEMU support EFI?

From: Bei Guan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Does any version of QEMU support EFI?
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 23:36:02 +0800

Does QEMU have the plan to ship with EFI firmware?

Xen community will probably have a project for GSoC2011 to write an EFI firmware for Xen VMs. And the EFI firmware need to be acceptable to QEMU code, which is in the Xen source code. This project is "EFI in HVM guests + Xen on EFI Hardware" at http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/GSoC_2011_ideas

So, does QEMU have any design for the EFI firmware? Is there any advice to this Xen project?

Thank you very much.

2011/3/19 Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden>
On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Bei Guan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I want to know which version of QEMU support EFI?
> I don't find any code to do with the EFI in the QEMU source code. So, is it
> that QEMU doesn't support EFI?

QEMU does not ship with EFI firmware.  Here is a project which
provides a UEFI implementation for QEMU/KVM:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=OVMF

Stefan