qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] vhost performance numbers and test configuration

From: rukhsana ansari
Subject: [Qemu-devel] vhost performance numbers and test configuration
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:08:03 +0530

The KVM website states:
"VhostNet provides better latency (10% less than e1000 on my system) and greater throughput (8x the normal virtio, around 7~8 Gigabits/sec here) for network. "

I did look trough the mailing list but couldn't find information on the test configuration for the performance numbers.
It would be helpful if someone from the kvm/qemu team provides details on, or a pointer to the location that has vhost perf numbers-
(1) What was the VCPU configuration for this - single core, multiple cores?, memory
(2) Details of the test - netperf , TCP/UDP, packet sizeĀ

Thanks
Rukhsana