qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Implementing Virtual DMA in QEMU

From: guna spam
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Implementing Virtual DMA in QEMU
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:27:52 +0530

Hi

Iam using QEMU emulated ARM Realview board with Linux as guest OS for my application development. This virtual machine is running on x86 Linux host.
My application is facing performance issue as memcpy in guest machine is taking lot of time compared to the same memcpy in host machine.
To improve the performance, Iam planning to add new device (Virtual DMA) in QEMU which will implement memcpy operation in host for guest application.
The memcpy function in guest will be replaced with ioctl to instruct the Virtual DMA to do memcpy in host for the guest application.
Iam planning to work on this. As Iam new to QEMU, before starting the work, I would like to know whether this is a possibility.
Will there be any problem in accessing guest buffer addresses in QEMU? Is this approach right?
Please let me know your views about this.

Regards
Guna