qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OVMF Google Summer of Code ideas

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OVMF Google Summer of Code ideas
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 16:29:38 +0100

Hello

On 6 March 2011 05:12, Jordan Justen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I know you already have your own ideas to think of. :)
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011
>
> But, I am wondering if any of you might have some UEFI or OVMF ideas for us:
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=GSOC2011

I would like to see the ability to run x86 on arm.

I think there were some attempts to implement this and an outdated?
support for arm on x86 exists but x86 cannot be emulated on arm so
far.

That said I don't really understand arm so I probably won't be writing
the support myself and can't help much anybody trying to implement it,
at least not anytime soon.

Is there any work going on adding this support?
Would it be suitable for GSoC?

Thanks

Michal