qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 68k and BeBox (was SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU)

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 68k and BeBox (was SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU)
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 00:18:29 +0000

Hi,

> Indeed, and I'd love to get Haiku to boot on a NeXT :-)
I'd love to boot NeXTStep/m68k even on emulation.

>> (Unless your Atari ST and Amiga emulation pretends to support things no
>> other does, like Amiga UNIX, Apple UNIX)
>
> Well, most of those emulators do not support the required mmu, except ARAnyM
> (and their mmu patch was backported to UAE I think).
That's the main problem, but first of all in QEMU there is the need for
complete pre-Coldfire 68ks, as well as the modular support for FPUs and MMU
(Sun and Apple's Lisa)

Currently the fastest ones would be BeBox, Mac68k and NeXT machines, because
almost all devices are already emulated, but the assembly itself, firmware and
CPU/FPU/MMU in case of 68k.

> A/UX would be fun to run :-)
> There used to be UNIX for Atari TT also IIRC, though not sure it was ever
> published.
There is a binary dump somewhere, I may have it.

Regards,
Natalia Portillo