qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Instruction count with QEMU

From: Marco Boni
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Instruction count with QEMU
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:33:22 +0100

Hi all,

I am pretty new to QEMU development. To get involved in this, I have been asked by my supervisor to do a simple modification to QEMU.

We would like to count the number of instructions the virtual machine processes. In other words, it's all about to declare a counter and increment it every time a guest instruction has to be executed.

Can you please give me some hints on how to realize it, i.e. which files I should put my hands on?

Thanks a lot....

Marco Boni

Mobile: +39 335 607 9353
Email: address@hidden