qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] A question regarding QEMU.

From: Chung Hwan Kim
Subject: [Qemu-devel] A question regarding QEMU.
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:15:37 -0700

Hi! My name is Chunghwan. I am a Masters student working the Flux
Systems Research Group, the University of Utah, USA.

I have a question regarding QEMU. First, let me introduce what I am
doing related with QEMU.

I and two other students have formed up a team for a project called
"Accelerating Dynamic Binary Translation with the GPUs". As the name of
the project suggests our main idea is to parallelize Dynamic Binary
Translation (DBT) process and speed it up with GPUs using the NVIDIA
CUDA library.

As far as we know the target of DBT can be - a process (OS process) or
a virtual machine. When the target is a VM we do not know where
to begin translation because the execution flow of a VM is
nondeterministic.

We would like to know whether you think it is possible for us to
parallelize the DBT in QEMU. Moreover, we hope you can give
us advice on figuring out the control flow of VM execution.

--
Sincerely,

Chung Hwan Kim
School of Computing and Flux Research Group
University of Utah
address@hidden
www.cs.utah.edu/~chunghwn