qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Buildbot for qemu.git/master

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Buildbot for qemu.git/master
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:18:17 +0000

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Luiz Capitulino <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 20:32:06 +0000
> Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Here is the buildbot.  It currently has a debian-x86_64 slave building
>> qemu.git/master every 24 hours:
>> http://buildbot.vmsplice.net/
>
> Nice, what about also building maintainers' branches, such as the block one?

That's a nice idea because it catches broken commits *before* they
reach mainline.

The trade-off is that the number of people you trust to run code on
your buildslave is increased to include subsystem maintainers.  I
think that's acceptable but want to be upfront about it.

The other consequence is that buildslaves have more work to do.
That's great if this is a dedicated machine but not so great if the
buildslave also shares resources with other applications.  If
volunteers find their buildslaves are too busy we can split off
"light" builders that don't run as many builds/tests.

Stefan