qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PING 0.14] Missing patches (mostly fixes)

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PING 0.14] Missing patches (mostly fixes)
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:59:02 -0600

On 02/04/2011 11:36 AM, Stefan Weil wrote:
Hi Anthony,

please accept that even if you said something multiple times,
other people might have a different point of view.

Yup, just making my point of view clear.

QEMU is team work, isn't it?

Both positives are correct, there was no false positive:

Reading strings from external files into limited memory
without limiting their length is bad. Even if it works with
some input data, this kind of programming will be copied
by novice programmers and used with data which is critical.

This is why I dislike patches like this, because the discussion about whether it really is important or not ends up being a huge distraction.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori