qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU icon

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU icon
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 23:19:51 +0100

On 28.01.2011, at 23:07, Blue Swirl wrote:

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 27.01.2011 07:24, schrieb Mulyadi Santosa:

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 02:18, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:

Since some time, I urgently wanted to have an icon for QEMU.
As I did not find one, I tried to design one, and here is the
current result: http://qemu.weilnetz.de/qemu-icon.svg.

Nice job Stefan! :)

anyway, may I suggest something? What if the big O which is colored
red and the "EMU" is colored blue? Big Red is somewhat more eye
catching and means "daredevil", kinda alike FreeBSD red baby devil
:)

Hi,

thanks for your suggestion.

http://qemu.weilnetz.de/icon/ shows several color variations
and uses a red/blue favicon for the web page.

Here's some more bike shedding: The shape overall is almost OK, it is
clear even at the favicon size. The EMU part could be a bit bigger to
be more readable, if possible. But the black edges somehow remind me
of Win 3.1 icons and primary colors without any effects are uncool.
Red/blue version is not so bad.

I always liked the Q logo: http://www.kju-app.org/

Alex