qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [0.14] Queue of 0.14 patches/pull?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [0.14] Queue of 0.14 patches/pull?
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 14:33:36 +0100

On 01/28/2011 11:00 AM, Michael Tokarev wrote:
28.01.2011 11:06, Yoshiaki Tamura wrote:
[]
I would like Kemari to be included for 0.14.  Thanks to many
valuable comments from various reviewers, it got better than
ever, I believe.  For those who may object, it wouldn't affect
any functions including live migration unless one turns it on.
Besides, it is a good application of live migration.  By having
merged, I would be able to focus on increasing functionality and
optimization.

It's somewhat unexpected to see merge request for any new
functionality into a "stable" branch.  Having nothing bad
against Kemari, I still think we shouldn't include any new
functionality into 0.14, which were planned to be released
before new year... ;)

I mean, if it were not merged so far, for reasons that can
be discussed separately etc, regardless of its good shape
and so on... let's don't do any last-minute merges.

To be fair to Yoshiaki, the first 17 patches in his 19-patch series have no impact on the operation of QEMU, and even the last two are Kemari-only. I know almost nothing about Kemari so I cannot comment on the technical side of those patches, only that it w^Hshouldn't be destabilizing. I made some comments on a couple of patches, so I'm inclined to say no as well.

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/91096 should be applied in any case, as it is a regression from 0.12.

Paolo