qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC 0/7] Introduce hard dependency on glib

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC 0/7] Introduce hard dependency on glib
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:14:11 +0000

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:41:23AM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> >>I think our JSON parser is much better than JsonGlib (which isn't
> >>anyway a part of GLib proper).
> >
> >Not sure how much either of these matter, but we should at least drop
> >QObject and convert our JSON parser to use GValues such that we can
> >treat the JSON parser as a stand alone component.
>
> Not too nice actually, as GHashTable and GArrays are not GValues.

It might be worth considering (the fairly newly introduced)
GVariant, rather than GValue. The GVariant code was designed
and is used for (de)serializing DBus messages in GLib. As
such I'd imagine it would be fairly well suited to handling
serialization of other RPC messages like our own JSON.

Regards,
Daniel