qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-user: relocating target code weakness

From: Stefano Bonifazi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-user: relocating target code weakness
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:52:21 +0100

but that can happen with the app running natively too, so any app not
handling MAP_FIXED failures is buggy and not qemu's problem.
-mike
How? For what I learned each process executing on a OS with an mmu sees its virtual address space, and normally only its code is loaded there (well I am learning that the dynamic linker also inject into that space shared library code used by the process code, but of course a good dynamic linker would prevent clashes!) so how can it happen that it can clash with anything?? If I remember fine, at the time of DOS there were some addresses reserved for the OS, and then only one executable could run at time, but in modern time with virtual addressing I don't think it is possible other than in scenarios alike ours..
Regards,
Stefano B.