qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Propose the Fast Virtual Disk (FVD) image format

From: Chunqiang Tang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Propose the Fast Virtual Disk (FVD) image format that outperforms QCOW2 by 249%
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 21:59:31 -0500

> when I tried to use your patch, I found several problems:
>
> * The patch does apply cleanly to latest QEMU.
>    This is caused by recent changes in QEMU git master.
>
> * The new code uses tabs instead of spaces (QEMU coding rules).
>
> * Some lines of the new code end with blank characters.
>
> * The patch adds empty lines at the end of some files.
>
> The last two points are reported by newer versions of git
> (which refuse to take such patches with the default setting).
>
> Could you please update your patch to fix those topics?
> I'd like to apply it to my QEMU code and try the new FVD.

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I fixed all the issues above and
posted the latest patches to the mailing list (see below). Please use this
latest version, which also includes some other fixes. BTW, I found out
that my previous patches were rejected by the mailing list because a
single patch for FVD was too big.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-01/msg01948.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-01/msg01947.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-01/msg01950.html