qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] forking with x86_64

From: maheen butt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] forking with x86_64
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 02:17:53 -0800 (PST)

hi
why qemu does not provide NPTL support for x86 in user mode? is there any big hindrance behind it?
 I did a small experiment
I make a program with fork system call and give its executable to qemu-x86_64
out put shows it does not create child. the I commented out this if block of linux-user/syscall.c
if ((flags & ~(CSIGNAL | CLONE_NPTL_FLAGS2)) != 0)
            return -EINVAL;
so that it can fork now as next line of code is this
fork_start();
 ret = fork();
now it started working, the child has created.
if it is so simple then wat is the hurdle that original qemu code can not run fork'ed program?
REGARDS