qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux as VirtualBox quest OS with QEMU running Solaris

From: Mateusz Loskot
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux as VirtualBox quest OS with QEMU running Solaris
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:17:39 +0000

On 07/01/11 17:36, Michal Suchanek wrote:
On 7 January 2011 18:28, Mateusz Loskot<address@hidden>  wrote:
Hi,

First, I'm sorry if my question does not belong here. The qemu-devel
says it's "devel", but I can't find any qemu-users mailing list.

I have seen it once but could not find it either when searching for a
qemu mailing list to subscribe to.

I see.

I have found the "QEMU on Winows" [1] but I'm not sure if this is an
official project and if it's "production ready".
I need to have fairly stable environment for building and
testing software on SPARC architecture.

If you can find a build of recent qemu for Windows it should preform
as well as qemu on Linux for emulating a SPARC (= different
architecture).

I will try to find or build it.

Adding another layer of virtualization is going to hurt performance at
least and could potentially introduce additional issues.

Yes, that's what I am worried about.

However, the device emulation is different on Windows compared to
Linux so you may find that networking and screen emulation works
differently compared to Linux.

I see. Actually, I do not need to access Solaris with any GUI, text mode will do well.

Thanks for the hints.

Best regards,
Member of ACCU, http://accu.org