qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] No Virtual Console

From: qemu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] No Virtual Console
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:49:36 -0600

Hi, My apologies up front for the dumb question, but ... I am running qemu (actually, qemu-system-arm), and when I launch it I do not get a new virtual console to open. I have had this in the past (older Linux install), but inside OpenSuSE 11.3, with QEMU 0.12.5 or 0.13.0 I do not get this to happen (automatically, or even with -serial vc or -monitor vc options). It's likely me doing something wrong, but ... how do I get this console? I am able to use -vnc :0 to get vnc access, but I would like a console window to open automatically on launch. Also, by default I get a vnc server on "::1:5900" ... but what does that mean (or rather, how do I access this vnc server?)? I can manually use -vnc :0 and can make it work, but not sure what the default server is really doing. Thanks!