qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Access to specific isa card with Qemu???

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Access to specific isa card with Qemu???
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 21:25:15 +0100

Hi,

> We have a software that runs on MS-DOS and must communicate with a specific
> card installed on port isa.
> We  want to use this software in Qemu with a machine that runs XP.
> Is it possible to access to the ISA port with Qemu in this case?
>
> Do we have to do a specific development?
> Can you help us in this development, how much would it cost?

I believe some people already implemented PCI pass-through, or ported it from
other emulators (Bochs had one IIRC), you'd have to check the mailing list :
http://search.gmane.org/?query=pci+pass+through&group=gmane.comp.emulators.qemu

Essentially you'd have to write the same kind of thing but for ISA, except
you'll have to specify the resources manually since the card isn't published as
a specific entity on ISA busses (PnP ones excepted).

Passing through I/O ports should be easy, but IRQ forwarding or even DMA if you
need it might require some more work.

François.