qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] performance counters from inside of Qemu

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] performance counters from inside of Qemu
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 10:58:24 +0000

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Vince Weaver <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is mostly a proof of concept, I'm not sure if anyone is interested in
> this.  It could in theory be useful for tracking down performance problems
> from iside of Qemu using existing tools.

This patch handles uniprocessor guests only?

There was a patch series a few months back by Yanmin Zhang to
implement a paravirt perf interface.  The subject line was "para virt
interface of perf to support kvm guest os statistics collection in
guest os".  It might be interesting to follow that up if you haven't
seen it already.

Stefan