qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call agenda for Oct 19

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call agenda for Oct 19
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:19:17 -0500

On 10/19/2010 03:57 PM, Ayal Baron wrote:
Yeah, concurrent is a little trickier.  Simple solution is for a
management tool to just do a stop + multiple snapshots + cont.  It's
equivalent to what we'd do if we don't do it aio which is probably how

we'd do the first implementation.

But in the long term, I think the most elegant solution would be to
expose the freeze api via QMP and let a management tool freeze
multiple
devices, then start taking snapshots, then unfreeze them when all
snapshots are complete.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori
qemu should call the freeze as part of the process (for all of the relevant
devices) then take the snapshots then thaw.

Yeah, I'm not opposed to us providing simpler interfaces in addition to or in lieu of lower level interfaces.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori