qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Snapshots ide0-hd0 issue

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Snapshots ide0-hd0 issue
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:17:11 +0100

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:37 AM, Ubuntu Explorer
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying to implement snapshot saving and loading from command line using
> qemu. I am using both the drive and disk options as follows.
> <qemu exe> \
> --disk <path to disk file> \
> ...other options \
> -drive file=<path to drive file>,
> index=0,media=disk,snapshot=on,if=ide,type=drive,cache=writethrough

Remove snapshot=on.  See the documentation about -snapshot versus
savevm snapshots:

http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-doc.html#vm_005fsnapshots

"When using the (unrelated) -snapshot option (Snapshot mode), you can
always make VM snapshots, but they are deleted as soon as you exit
QEMU."

Stefan