qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: qdev "SUNW,fdtwo" is unusable with -device

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: qdev "SUNW,fdtwo" is unusable with -device
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 10:27:05 +0000

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Markus Armbruster <address@hidden> wrote:
> Commit 12a71a02 created qdev "SUNW,fdtwo".  It can't be named in
> -device, because the name contains a comma: "-device SUNW,fdtwo" gets
> parsed as driver SUNW with property fdtwo.
>
> Is this device user-configurable?  Or should no_user be set?

There can be only zero or one floppy controllers. I think no_user
should be added.

> Regardless, can we have a more user-friendly name?

This is the OF tree name, I've tried to use those when possible. I
tried to anticipate future machines created with a device tree and the
device tree also passed to the OpenBIOS or guest. If that happens one
day, it would be nice to use same names in QEMU, OF and Linux.