qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Win2k host problem with {get,free}{addr,name}info()

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Win2k host problem with {get,free}{addr,name}info()
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:03:56 +0000

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 09/19/2010 11:16 AM, Blue Swirl wrote:

>>> I made a compatibility patch based on the FileZilla patch. The impact
>>> is very low, outside of the new files added, only Makefiles are
>>> changed.
>>>

>> Does gnulib have a similar replacement function?
>
> Very similar, in fact that must be the source.
>
>> The nice thing about gnulib is that in the long term, we could potentially
>> use gnulib for compatibility and make sure to get updated code.
>
> One problem is that the current versions use GPLv3.

Sorry, I made too hasty conclusions based on a few files.
getaddrinfo.c and inet_ntop.c are both GPLv2+.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=lib/getaddrinfo.c;h=76dc19e6c4f945a1fa725abeb2d5a6174046b773;hb=HEAD

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=lib/inet_ntop.c;h=2251aaa05663d1137a2f14a947142438791b488a;hb=HEAD