qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unmaintained QEMU builds

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unmaintained QEMU builds
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 17:22:02 +0200

Hi,

Am 11.08.2010 um 12:58 schrieb Stefan Weil:

since several months, QEMU for Windows (and mingw32 cross builds)
no longer builds without error.

I suspect that the same is true for QEMU on Darwin (lots of errors like darwin-user/qemu.h:149: error: cast to pointer from integer of different size),
but I'm not sure here because I have no valid Darwin test environment.
Maybe someone can test this.

What about these environments? They have no maintainers.
Should they be marked as unsupported? Are they still used?
Or should they be removed?

I just updated, and it does fail to link on OSX:

  LINK  i386-softmmu/qemu
Undefined symbols:
  "_kvm_set_ioeventfd_mmio_long", referenced from:
      _ivshmem_read in ivshmem.o
      _ivshmem_read in ivshmem.o
      _ivshmem_mmio_map in ivshmem.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [qemu] Error 1
make: *** [subdir-i386-softmmu] Error 2

Please don't remove. :) Hints for patches are welcome.

darwin-user is another matter, it was broken ever since I use QEMU and my half-hearted attempts to fix were unsuccessful.

Andreas