qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Unmaintained QEMU builds

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Unmaintained QEMU builds
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 08:05:30 -0400

On 08/12/2010 05:17 AM, Stefan Weil wrote:
Jes has an opinion how thinks should be done, and I have a different one.
If you read the complete history, you can see that I suggested a
compromise (*)
which would give the same result as Jes' suggestions. Only the steps
to reach this result were different, and I have good reasons why I
prefer my way to do them. Both ways require two commits, so
there would be no difference for the community nor for the
committers.

I may even agree with you, but if nobody takes the effort to continue a discussion you have to proceed as if everyone agreed with Jes. In particular, the patch would have been so easy to redo along those lines, that IMHO it wasn't worthwhile arguing.

Paolo