qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] guest MAC-address isolation

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] guest MAC-address isolation
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 12:23:29 +0700

Hi...

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 22:10, Robert Rebstock <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> can anyone recommend a better way to achive (guest agnostic) MAC-address
> isolation in qemu/kvm, then with user-mode networking?
>
> I have multiple guests requiring the same MAC-address, and user-mode/slirp
> networking is quite slow.

Never tried thing like this, but IMHO as long as your guest isn't
meant to be connected to "real world" ...meaning something like
brigdged to your real eth0, i think duplicate MAC is doable.

Oh ..and...maybe make sure your guests are on different VLANs....IIRC,
they are all hooked to VLAN 0 by default.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant