qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Question about starting 2 VMs using Qemu

From: Anjali Kulkarni
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Question about starting 2 VMs using Qemu
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 07:09:01 -0700

Hi,

I can start my freebsd based image in Qemu, and I use tap interface for
connectivity to the host or external world, but when I try to fire up 2
instances, using tap, it fails. For the second invocation, it gives me the
error:

address@hidden tmp]# ./qemu-system-x86_64 -m 512 anjali.img -net
nic,model=yukon,macaddr=52:54:00:00:aa:02 -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no
warning: could not configure /dev/net/tun: no virtual network emulation
Could not initialize device 'tap'

Am I doing something wrong? The first instance is running fine.

Anjali