qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Latest git version failed to run 403.gcc benchmark in S

From: Vince Weaver
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Latest git version failed to run 403.gcc benchmark in SPEC CPU2006
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:17:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hello

have you tried older versions of qemu, in an attempt to see if this is a
recent problem?

As of about a year ago I had qemu-sparc32plus running most of SPEC2006
properly, validated against hardware perf counters.

gcc definitely worked.  I had issues with calculix, dealII, soplex, wrf,
zeusmp and astar but the rest all worked and gave retired instruction
counts close to that of real hardware.  I can probably look up what
version of qemu I used for that work.

Vince