qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [OpenBIOS] [commit] r791 - in trunk/openbios-devel: fs/

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [OpenBIOS] [commit] r791 - in trunk/openbios-devel: fs/grubfs include/fs packages
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:19:00 +0200

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 10:59:09PM +0200, repository service wrote:
> Author: mcayland
> Date: Tue Jun  8 22:59:08 2010
> New Revision: 791
>
> Log:
> As documented on the mailing lists, change the interposition order of the
> disk packages from:
>
> cdrom -> deblocker -> disk-label -> (misc-files | sun-parts | pc-parts |
> mac-parts)
>
> to:
>
> cdrom -> deblocker -> disk-label -> (sun-parts | pc-parts | mac-parts) ->
> misc-files
>
> This makes the overall code much simpler, since instead of passing get-info
> structures between the different layers to work out
> the current device offset, each package can simply maintain its own offsets
> and bubble them back up to the parent.
>
> There are also many, many bugfixes present is patch, some of which are given
> below:
>
> - Add debugging in /packages/misc-files, augment debugging in all other disk
> packages
> - Fix alignment issue in /packages/pc-parts so it works correctly on strictly
> align archs, e.g. SPARC64
> - Fix parsing of [<id>,][filename] arguments to load (in preparation for next
> patch set)
> - Fix byte-swapping issues in /packages/mac-parts (in theory it should now
> work regardless of endian)

Unfortunately this commit has broken PowerPC boot using the Quik
bootloader. CD-ROM boot is not affected. This can easily be reproduced
using the image from:

http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/qemu/powerpc/debian_lenny_powerpc_small.qcow2

I have tried with the latest available revision, and the problem is
still there. Does anyone has an idea of the problem before I start
debugging it?

[CCed: address@hidden as this version is now used in QEMU]

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net