qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] QMP: Introduce query-netdevices documentatio

From: Miguel Di Ciurcio Filho
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] QMP: Introduce query-netdevices documentation
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 16:48:31 -0300

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Markus Armbruster <address@hidden> wrote:
>>          {
>>             "device": "user.0",
>>             "type": "user",
>>             "info": {
>>                "net": "10.0.2.0",
>>                "netmask": "255.255.255.0"
>>             },
>
> And this one's not connected to a VLAN.  It may or may not be connected
> to a single guest device.  If it is, then that device has a "netdev"
> property pointing to it.
>
> For what it's worth, "info network" shows that device as "peer=ID".

Yes, this information is important. Should I name it 'peer' or
'netdev'? I think 'peer' would be better, because the name 'netdev'
points to 'backend network device' IMHO.

Will it be better stored in the 'info' object or the device object? I
think it should go into the device object. There will be vlan or peer
or none of them in case the netdev is just there doing nothing (odd,
but still).

          {
             "device": "user.0",
             "type": "user",