qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: SVM emulation: EVENTINJ marked valid when a pagefault h

From: Erik van der Kouwe
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: SVM emulation: EVENTINJ marked valid when a pagefault happens while issuing a software interrupt
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 07:13:47 +0200

Hi,

Use Linux+KVM as host OS, it can also run VMMs as guests (aka nested
SVM). And you could even debug those guests just like when you would run
QEMU in emulation mode. In contrast to SVM emulation, nesting is fairly
stable AFAIK. And it is faster.

In my experience, if I provide the -enable-kvm switch then the guest VMM never detects the presence of virtualization support. Does this only work on AMD hardware? Or do I need to supply some additional parameter to make it work?

With kind regards,
Erik