qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call minutes for May 18

From: Brian Jackson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call minutes for May 18
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 16:34:43 -0500

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 09:29:25 Chris Wright wrote:
> 0.13 release
> - push out to July 1st
> - esp. important to solidy/crispen QMP
> - 1 rc to shake out brown paper bag bugs, then final release
>
> block i/o performance (high CPU consumption)
> - memset can be removed (patch posted, queued by kwolf)
> - cpu_physical_memory_rw known, should gather data
>
> block 1TB limit
> - sounds like integer issue
> - bug report needs to be updated (verify it's still happening in 0.12.4?
> - should be able to easily reproduce (can use lvm to create sparse volume)
>
> sourceforge bug tracker...
> - sucks

Agreed.

> - unclear if there's active triage

I do. I go in every couple of weeks and go through the last two pages of bugs
or so.

> - anthony prefers the launchpad instance

I prefer one tracker that more than just I look at. If that's launchpad, I'm
fine with that.

Avi/KVM devs, what are your feelings?

> - alex likes the sf email to list, wuld be good to keep that feature

It looks (at first glance) that we can still have this functionality. It's
certainly available to individuals.

> - had to migrate existing bugs (be nice if we could stop sf from growing)

A lot of the existing bugs are irrelevant and/or woefully out of date. I've
been hesitant to go back and mess with too many old bugs for fear of making
too much noise that I know isn't going to do anything useful (i.e. marking the
100 oldest bugs as Closed - Out Of Date)

> - need more people involved w/ bug work

And need a better way for those of us that do to be able to get ahold of devs
to look at things that are actually important to users.

> - possible bug-day before next release
>   - suggested June 1st

Personally (and in general for volunteer projects), weekends are better for
bugs days. That said, I realize that most of the developers for qemu/kvm do
this for their day job.