qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: sparc64 lazy conditional codes evaluation

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: sparc64 lazy conditional codes evaluation
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 13:56:15 +0100

Blue Swirl wrote:

Guest time can be unreliable, it could also indicate that Linux
executes a lot more timer interrupts. Could you retest and measure the
wall clock time?

I think the C flag change should only increase performance. The next
commit may have negative effects because more work is done every
interrupt, but it's also more correct now.

Hmmm looks like you're right. I did a few more tests measuring wall clock time and averaging across a set of runs gives roughly the same time (although there does seem to be quite a bit of variation in resulting times on my system here). So nothing to worry about here.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk