qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-user[armel/mips] and debian-rootfs

From: Kenneth Johansson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-user[armel/mips] and debian-rootfs
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 21:30:26 +0200

I'm trying to setup a debian root that I can chroot into for armel and
mips from an ubuntu 9.10 x86_64.

While I have it working for armel on a specific qemu the mips target is
more problematic.

first both fail for qemu newer than
6173d56bdcb53389c54e803873e6bf8f87836a4f.

doing /sbin/ldconfig. I get "bad address"

now on to mips. during installation of debian I get the following error,

/bin/tar: ./postinst: Cannot utime: Level 2 not synchronized

now I guess what is really happening is that my x86_64 kernel is
returning ENOSYS and that maps to the mostly unused EL2NSYNC on mips.

arch/mips/include/asm/errno.h:#define   EL2NSYNC        38      /* Level 2 not
synchronized */
include/asm-generic/errno.h:#define     EL2NSYNC        45      /* Level 2 not
synchronized */
include/asm-generic/errno.h:#define     ENOSYS          38      /* Function not
implemented */

Is there anything that can be done to fix this ??
I do not know what syscall this is happening on :(