qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] wrong behaviour of caps lock

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] wrong behaviour of caps lock
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:07:57 +0200

Kevin Wolf schrieb:
> Am 19.04.2010 03:23, schrieb Jamie Lokier:
>> Benjamin Drung wrote:
>>> - /* SDL does not send the key up event, so we generate it */
>> Was the original comment just plain wrong?
>>
>>> - kbd_put_keycode(keycode);
>>> - kbd_put_keycode(keycode | 0x80);
>>> + if (ev->type == SDL_KEYUP) {
>>> + kbd_put_keycode(keycode | 0x80);
>>> + } else {
>>> + kbd_put_keycode(keycode);
>>> + }
>> The patch implies that SDL *does* send the key up event.
>>
>> Somebody obviously thought that it doesn't, hence the comment.
>>
>> So what has changed? Is it different versions of SDL, or does the
>> patch only work on some hosts / distros?
>
> I think we already have had a discussion on this and it turned out that
> Ubuntu had a "special" version of SDL which changed this behaviour. So
> it is considered an Ubuntu SDL bug. Googled the old discussion for you:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg25246.html
>
> Kevin

My report was based on the Debian testing distribution
with libsdl components version 1.2.13-5.

So if it's a bug, both Ubuntu and Debian share it
(which is not too surprising).

And as I explained in my previous mail on this thread
QEMU's caps lock handling is buggy on any distribution.

Maybe I'll find the time to write a patch until the end
of this week.

Stefan