qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem with QEMU on KVM

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem with QEMU on KVM
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:19:24 +0700

Hi...

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 03:09, Gerhard Wiesinger <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Booting DOS 6.22 with NT4 Bootloader works fine. With enabled KVM it boots,
> but hangs at counting down the boot loader selection menu (30s, 29s, hang).
> Booting Knoppix 6.2 from CD wwith KVM orks well.
>
> Versions (0.12.3):
> x86_64-softmmu: OK
> i386-softmmu: OK
> x86_64-softmmu with -enable-kvm: Boot problem
> i386-softmmu with -enable-kvm: Boot problem
>
> Host is: Fedora 11
> 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86 on AMD Phenom II Quad Core

IMHO, the problem is, we have to find out first, how the bootloader do
the timing. Is it using tight loop? Counting from TSC? PIT? or else?

I suggest to dump the executed TB in Qemu. Please read about -d option.

NB: I am not an expert, just trying to help....

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant