qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Weird thing happen when the VM is stop! (0.12.3)

From: Jun Koi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Weird thing happen when the VM is stop! (0.12.3)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 18:32:21 +0900

Hi,

I found something very funny happening with 0.12.3: it seems the VM is
still running even I already stopped it.

Here is how I verified that: Boot any OS (I checked with Windows XP
and Ubuntu) with 0.12.3, and stop it any time after it booted up. Use
"stop" command on monitor interface.

Now the VM stops. Then in the same monitor interface, run "info
registers" again and again. You can see that the value of EIP and
EFLAGS still change once in a while. This should not happen, becaues
the VM already stopped.

I checked, and dont see this problem with 0.11.1. And this doesnt
happen with the latest code in the git tree, either.

Any idea on why this happens???

(My host is running Ubuntu 9.10, and I am using i386-softmmu/qemu to
run VM on this experiment)

Thanks,
Jun