qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.12.3 and SCSI boot

From: Gerhard Wiesinger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.12.3 and SCSI boot
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 10:38:38 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I'm having trouble booting from SCSI adapter 53C895a and e.g. INT13h OS like MS-DOS 6.22.

I downloaded and installed the option ROM with -option-rom 8xx_64.rom:
http://www.lsi.com/DistributionSystem/AssetDocument/files/support/ssp/sdms/Bios/lsi_bios.zip

I'm seeing that Harddisks are installed well and that also "PCI boot ROM succesfully installed" message appears. So that part looks good as DDIM (Device Driver Initialization Model) has been implemented.

Also booting (sometimes) and sometimes access works until nearly immediatly the following problems occour (repeated messages with different Tags):
lsi_scsi: error: Reselect with pending DMA
scsi-disk: Tag 0x0 already in use
paio_remove: aio request not found!

So it seems to me that there is some incompatibility with the ROM and the SCSI emulation (busmaster DMA?) and INT 13h.

BTW: Booting Knoppix 6.2 Live CD without any option ROM and even with option ROM works well with SCSI disks (at least reading from them without any errors on the console, i guess because of own drivers and not INT13h access).

Any ideas to fix that issue and to bugfix it?

Thanx.

Ciao,
Gerhard

--