qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Summer of Code 2010

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Summer of Code 2010
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 08:14:32 -0600

On 03/08/2010 02:20 PM, Luiz Capitulino wrote:
  Hi there,

  Google has this wonderful program called Summer of Code, in which open source
projects like ours, suggest possible projects and provide mentors to help
selected students to do them.

  It's a great opportunity for students to get in touch with open source
development, also good for us to get some projects done and more people
involved (students are paid too, btw).

  The dead-line is a bit short: next friday (March, 12), more information
in the program's page:

http://socghop.appspot.com/

I'd suggest creating a page on the qemu.org wiki and start collecting ideas. I'd strongly suggest that all ideas are constructed like a release feature and have an appropriate wiki page.

I think the key to success with a student project is to have a wide range of success criteria. If people post ideas to a common wiki page, we can review them and come up with a set of suggested items.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

  I didn't read it fully yet, but I _guess_ the most important is to come
up with project ideas and mentors. Everything should be in a wiki.

PS: I have participated as a student some years ago, didn't produce anything
     useful, but was a great experience.