qemu-devel

Re: [Fwd: Re: [Qemu-devel] X86_64 problem]

From: Dave Dixon
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Qemu-devel] X86_64 problem]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:44:13 MST

Andreas,

Thanks for the tip about qemu-system-x86_64 - I didn't see that anywhere in
the documentation:

  http://www.qemu.org/qemu-doc.html

Now that I'm running the right qemu, it loads the kernel and the initrd, but
hangs following these lines:

  Setting APIC routing to flat
  .TIMER: vector=0x30 apic1=0 pin1=0 apic2=-1 pin2=-1
  .MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
  ..trying to set up timer (IRQ0) through the 8259A ...
  .... (found apic 0 pin 0) ...
  ...... failed.
  ..trying to set up timer as Virtual Wire IRQ

which I had to transcribe manually because there appears to be no way to
capture text in the qemu window. I click in it and it says "hit ctrl-alt to
exit grab" but it isn't actually grabbing anything -- neither the mouse or
keyboard does anything in the qemu window.

Any help greatly appreciated.

-dave