qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: X support for QXL and SPICE

From: Izik Eidus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: X support for QXL and SPICE
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 02:31:17 +0200

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 01:05:36 +0100
Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:

> What does performance look like in comparison to Xrdp? That one does
> implement bitmap caches. It should be really really close, right?

Untill Spice wont have the opengl support merged, I dont think it fair
to compare it into other stuff that do X, the opengl 3d rendering
should take much of spice advantages and work on spice better (at
least this my opinion)

And beside Linux you got Windows that in that area Spice is much more
advanced...

> Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to talk anyone into what's best
> for anyone. I'm trying to understand what speed we can expect from
> which solution and what actually speeds up what :-).

We dont get you wrong :).