qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Socket reconnection.

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Socket reconnection.
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:18:30 -0600

Ian Molton wrote:
Hi folks,

I need my source of data for virtio-rng to be reliable - IOW. if the
server dies and comes back up, I want qemu to reconnect and suck down
fresh entropy, rather than hand the rngd process on the guest.

I'm using the chardev 'socket' type to make the connection to the host.

Would a patch adding (optional) auto-reconnect (with a back-off delay)
to the socket chardev be acceptable ?

If not, I'll have to cook up a thread to handle EGD requests, but that
seems perverse...

Hrm, I'm not sure. What are the circumstances that this connection would die? What happens while the connection is dead?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori
-Ian